Monday, August 10, 2009

Amendment to previous iPod rule

So today on the sojourn home, I boarded my metro car without an idea of what was to befall me in mere minutes!

First, a man sat next to me, which was annoying because it was 4 pm and the car was empty, but I digress...then it BEGAN!

Have you seen Step Up 2: The Streets? If you missed this cinematic masterpiece, please see the link below and take those two and a half minutes to educate yourself.


So that happened on the metro today. I mean. It was just one guy, but still. He was DANCING. Using the overhead bar for balance, spinning, kicking. He was polite enough not to invade the personal space of others. As the crowds grew and waned with each stop, so did his dance moves. I kept waiting for the rest of his crew to join in, hell, I wanted to join in on the fun. This may have been the greatest metro ride home ever. I got to watch this show from L'Enfant all the way to Crystal City. And I was sad to see him go!

All this to tell you, I have amended the rule. If I am on the metro, and can hear your iPod, it is NOT OKAY, unless you are giving me the performance of your life, then please allow your iPod to serve as your portable club.

I was also lucky enough to get a picture. Sadly, he spun away from the camera as I clicked, but here you go:

No comments: