Friday, May 15, 2009

Conscious Effort...

I've been twittering like mad and don't think anything of it. But then I read an article about how twittering is replacing the actual dialogue taking place on the internet. And I didn't really like the tone of the article, because it assumed laziness, the bastards. And here I am making a concerted effort to "contribute" even though no one reads this.

Since my last post, I accepted that I hate my job/career path, quit in January, and am still unemployed. It's gotten easier to say. And I feel like such a poseur too, because someone will ask what I do, and when I answer, they give me the "oh, bad economy" look. Sometimes I let them think it, but I feel so bad when I do that. I did this to myself. I'm not a victim. I shouldn't pretend. I don't regret quitting my job. Ever. But unemployment has indeed gotten old and I'm dying to have a job at this point. Hopefully something works out soon.

No comments: